Friday, August 26, 2011

Meeting-bound

I had a frustrating start to my birthday but the day ended on a good note. I was on a training course yesterday but had trouble finding the building because every other street in the area was closed for construction, so I got lost - several times. I also realized I don't have much tolerance for people who are too busy fiddling with the system we're being trained on to actually listen to the instructor....and then ask a bunch of questions on material THAT WAS JUST COVERED, which delays everyone. So I just sent some mental daggers into the offenders' heads and three of us who had bonded over our collective frustration flew out of there as soon as we were done the practice exercises. Then I decided to go to Costco, even though I should have taken B up on his offer to do the groceries this weekend while I hung out with my friends. Another mistake. We needed a ton of stuff, the place was a ZOO and I ended up using suitcases on wheels to lug everything from the parking garage up to the apartment - it still took two trips. Needless to say, I never made it to the gym, just to bed for a nap.

My family, B and I reunited for dinner at a very homey restaurant called Huong's Vietnamese Bistro. The kitchen happily obliged our request to 'just serve us a bunch of dishes you recommend'. This is a great option for small, family-run restaurants when you don't know the cuisine well. The food was delicious. I got some lovely prezzies: yoga pants, a clothes steamer and a duffel bag. B lined up a surprise weekend for November, which is the first weekend we're actually free. I'm not getting many hints out of him! And my Dad gave me an incredibly thoughtful gift - a DVD of old home videos of me he had converted from old technology. I can't wait to snuggle up with B and watch it.  Happy Friday all, hope you have a great weekend!!

xx









Pants - Tuzzi (also seen here)
Tank (worn underneath) - Winners
Top - Winners
Blazer - Mexx
Necklace - Aakriti Designs
Shoes - Guess (also seen here
Bracelet - Gifted and Le Chateau

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry your b-day didn't get off to a great start- that's usually what happens to me- I build it up so much that the end result falls flat. At least you had a nice dinner (mmm I love Vietnamese- I will have to check that place out!) This is by far my favourite outfit on you-those pants are perfect and I LOVE how you've accessorized. Have a great time camping!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!