Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lace top remix

N and I stumbled across this pretty ivy-covered doorway which was perfect for our photos, even if this set didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped. Oh well. It's actually part of an otherwise seedy-looking hotel, you know, the kind that looks like it rents rooms by the hour (*wink wink*). That's the magic of blogging - sometimes there's a totally different world going on just beyond the frame of the camera.

I've always loved this gauzy lace top with details like fabric-covered buttons and a Victorian-style collar, but it's hard to wear. For lack of the proper terms, it's got a horizontal seam separating it into upper and bottom halves, so it looks odd tucked in. And wearing layers in the winter covers a lot of the embroidery. So I decided to knot it and wear it over a simple black dress instead. The necklace was a gift from my cousins and is much cherished!

xx





 

Dress - Jacob
Top - Max Studio via Winners
Shoes - Guess
Necklace - Gifted
Bracelets - Gifted and Le Chateau 

5 comments:

  1. great look girl!!
    thanks for stopping on my blog!!
    xx

    LucĂ­a


    diorblessyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! the dress is perfect on you and the lace top makes it look so romantic :)

    http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ivy doorway is so cute :-). I love the dress, and your shoes look lovely on you.

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say Picture number one is my favourite. You always have such a feminine and chic style. I am jealous of many many of the items in your wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your bracelets, did you get them all in a set? :)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!