Friday, May 20, 2011

Shrimp rice paper wraps

Make the rice paper wraps according to the package directions. Once the first wrap has softened, spread about 1/2 - 1 tsp of sweet chili sauce over the surface using the back of a spoon. Add 3-5 shrimp (tails removed), a handful of thin strips of cucumber, yellow pepper and carrot, slices of water chestnuts and diced green onion, and basil and mint leaves. Tuck the ends in, and wrap. I'm not going to lie, If you haven't tried making these before, softening and rolling the wraps can be finicky at first. For dipping, I suggest my beloved Wafu vinaigrette. This Japanese-style sauce is smooth and creamy, with an unmistakable nutty flavour inspired by lightly toasted sesame oil. This review is completely one-sided because I LOVE Wafu and will never believe otherwise. I even took it to Australia in case you question my devotion. But anyways, back to the wraps. Be adventurous! Try some other flavours. Mango might be nice, as might a teriyaki beef filling with orange-chili dipping sauce.



1 comment:

  1. Ooh love LOVE summer rolls! I should really make these soon (gotta find the rice paper rolls first!) They are so light and tasty!
    Thanks so much for the sweet comments. I see that you're a fellow chef, fashionista, and bargain hunter. It looks like we'll be good friends then ;)
    Have a lovely weekend!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!