Sunday, May 15, 2011

Glazed baked pork with mashed potatoes and stuffed zucchini

I basted the pork with Diana's Original BBQ before and after cooking. Oven bake according to the directions for the type of cut you get.

I boiled the potatoes in salted water with a bay leaf, then mashed them, skins on for extra nutrients, with melted margarine and warmed milk. If you really want to impress dinner guests, mash your potatoes with a bit of roasted garlic, full cream and butter so that the proportions are about 1/2 potatoes and 1/2 butter-and-cream. Push the potatoes through a fine-mesh sieve for an extra-smooth texture. Season to taste and garnish with parsley. Have a 911 operator on standby.

To make the stuffed zucchini, I spooned out the pulp and sauteed it for a couple of minutes in a small amount of olive oil over med-high heat with diced tomatoes, onion, and garlic. After removing the pan from the heat, I stired in some grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper then spooned the mixture back into the zucchini skins. I topped with Panko breadcrumbs and broiled for 1-2 minutes in the oven.


2 comments:

  1. Oh yum!! You have inspired my dinner tonight, those stuffed zucchinis look sooo good!!

    http://turnonthebrightlightss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This looks sooooo good! I am hungry now just looking at this...

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!