Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Billowy top revisited

After seeing many of my fellow bloggers take on the 30-for-30 challenge, I've been trying to find creative new ways of mixing items from my wardrobe. Isabel L. of Forever Understated is dynamite at this. Think a scarf + belt around the waist for a kimono-style look, three belts standing in for suspenders and prints-on-prints-on-prints. Her blog inspired me to stretch my imagination.

So, here's my first attempt. Some of you may recognize this top from an earlier post, when I wore it off the shoulder with a sequined black skirt. It turns out the material's thin enough that I was able to tuck it into a form-fitting grey sheath for some insta-sleeves. I like how the floaty fabric of the top balances the strong lines of the dress.

Have YOU remixed anything lately? Share your ideas (and links) below!



 

Could have used some sunglasses...
 

I call this 'plane-wing' hair.
 
Dress– RW & Co.
Top – Louben (Winners) (also seen here)
Booties – Thailand markets (also seen here)
Necklace – Ardene (also seen here)

16 comments:

  1. Nice top and I like the booties too!
    Cool pics :-)


    TravelDesignery.com
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how you pulled this outfit together....and honestly the booties are one of my favourite things in your shoe wardrobe. I look forward to seeing you take on this challenge of 30 for 30 : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kat, thank you for letting me know:) This is a vey nice look, ladylike and elegant, i too love the vintage feel of the sleeves,very nice trial :)

    http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. O Ron Mueck and his big baby sculpture)) I like it)

    So where are you from?)

    I like your outfit)

    http://leblogdemasha.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice remix!

    I don't remix... I just buy new stuff! :p

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must agree! those booties are so fantastic - i love the details on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the dress! sweet :)
    thx for following, followed back!

    xx
    Alviana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of this billow silk top underneath such a structured dress. And those booties are adorable! Great remix :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those billowy sleeves - and those boots are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shoes! What is the 30-for-30 challenge? Sounds interesting..

    All the best, Angel

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving your dress! you look fab head to toe :)

    www.miszpinktuxedo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love those shoes!! great outfit , very cute!!
    thanks so much for coming by my blog!!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love this outfit- that blouse is so feminine and those booties are rocking! I did the 30x30 back in Feb and it really challenged me to think outside the box- and you definitely took on that challenge with this look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love this top and the way you remixed with this grey sheath + grey studded booties!

    Though I gotta say, I love your older rendition with the sequined skirt! What can I say? I love all things shiny!

    xox,

    ML
    p.s. Thank you for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so perfect, look at you Ms Creative! I love it. It really makes you think about your own closet right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That second picture of you with your beautiful pearly whites showing...it's a favourite! LOVE the outfit.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!