Friday, May 06, 2011

Grilled vegetables and tofu with mozzarella and basil pesto on rosemary-garlic baguette; melon cubes wrapped with Italian prosciutto

If you live in Ottawa-Gatineau and haven't tried Art-is-In bread yet, march right over to one of their distributors and get yourself some. You won't regret it. The bakery's unique fermentation process yields a slightly dense, moist and chewy texture with a hint of saltiness that makes each bite memorable. Their 12-grain and fennel seed flavour is terrific. Restaurants that serve Art-is-In, like The Wellington Gastropub, always get brownie points in my book.

I grilled tofu, zucchini, eggplant, red peppers, mushrooms, garlic and onions, and added pesto and mozzarella to create this hearty sandwich dinner. (Disclosure: This isn't my portion! I usually photograph B's)

We finished off the meal with melon and Italian prosciutto, which I prefer to the Canadian stuff. I swear I'm loyal to Canadian bacon!

xx




2 comments:

  1. Two great things about this post:

    1) Gastropub = top 3 fav restaurant in Ottawa
    2) Melon + prosciutto = since coming back from Italy a few years back, it's been one of my fav appetizers

    Not a big fan of tofu, but it still looks pretty good :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!