- In a blender or food processor, blend 1 small chopped onion, 1 chopped clove of garlic, rind of ½ lemon, 1 tsp brown sugar, 2 small pieces of pineapple and 1 tsp each of cumin, coriander and turmeric until almost smooth.
- Dice chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and marinate in above mixture for several hours or overnight.
- Thread chicken with pineapple pieces onto skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water beforehand or wrap ends in foil. Broil in oven or cook on a medium-hot BBQ for 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- To make sauce, stir ¾ cup coconut milk (I use light), 6 T peanut butter, 1 crushed clove of garlic, 2 tsp soy sauce and 1 tsp brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until warm.
- To make rice, substitute half the water for coconut milk and add a pinch of saffron, turmeric and chili powder right before reducing the heat.
- Serve with a simple green salad with a balsamic and oil dressing on the side.
Recipe adapted from: Barbecue - 200 recipes for outdoor eating, Christine France