Friday, October 25, 2013

Shrimp and kale salad rice paper rolls

I often wrestle with the types of recipes to post on the blog. I aim for a balance between familiarity and originality, difficulty and simplicity - and always, lots of variety!

This falls into the super-easy end of the spectrum. I think I put it together on a weeknight when I really didn't feel like mucking around in the kitchen.  

xx

I started with Eat Smart's Sweet Kale salad mix from Costco (which actually has chicory, green cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts, in addition to the kale). If you don't have this, you could substitute coleslaw. I didn't add the little package of dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds, nor the dressing. Instead, I mixed in Wafu Original Sesame dressing. A good substitute for the Wafu would be a creamy Asian sesame salad dressing. 

I wrapped the kale salad with cooked shrimp in dampened rice paper rolls.  That's it! If you wanted, you could dip these in a sweet chili dipping sauce, or add fresh basil or mint to the rolls.



1 comment:

  1. It's times like these when I wish I wasn't allergic to shrimp. I LOVE fresh rolls especially with shrimp and wish I could eat them during weeknights without having to pop an antihistamine!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!