Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stripes and animal print

I'm a recent convert to the beauty of prints so I don't have a ton of options for mixing prints in my closet. That's why I'm surprised I didn't come up with this stripe-and-animal print combo earlier. The silk blouse is one of my absolute favourite thrift finds and a go-to for work or a night out (as in this post from the fall). But it was nice to find a way to dress it down too, with jeans, boots and a preppy cardigan.

xx




 




Blouse - Thrifted (Liz Claiborne) (also here)
Cardigan - Gap
Jeans - Seven via Winners (also here and here)
Belt - Buckle via Pac Sun
Boots - Thrifted (Etienne Aigner)
Socks - Gift
Bracelets - Hand-me-downs and Joe Fresh

4 comments:

  1. When it comes to mixing prints, I tend to be a bit hesitant... I know there is a big appeal, it just seems a little out there for me. But stripes and animal print is my favourite! To me it isn't even really print mixing because they're such a natural match. Needless to say, I'm loving this look :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mixing prints, but I haven`t in awhile. I love stripes + animal prints, especially the combo you`ve got going on. it looks very modern & sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kat, you are looking smoking hot! this outfit is fantastic. did you feel pretty in it too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teddi! This outfit is very *me* - preppy with a little bit of edge - so I felt relaxed and confident in it.

      Delete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!