Sunday, April 01, 2012

Van Halen

I got this Zara dress at Winners for $20 maybe 8 years ago, but I've never worn it on its own. It's got a deep V at the front and is virtually backless. Plus the straps gape and the material is very unforgiving around my midsection. So, really, I should never have bought it in the first place. But the bright blue colour is on-trend this year, and I found a way to wear it with confidence to the Val Halen show when I hiked up the skirt, and added a wide belt and a loose-fitting tee. 

The day of the show it was a record-breaking 28 degrees C so I decided to forgo my planned leggings and boots in favour of skimpiness. The show, by the way, was fantastic. They played their mega hits like Hot for Teacher, Panama and Jump along with newer songs like Tattoo. David Lee Roth really got the crowd pumped up and Eddie Van Halen's fingers were magical during his guitar solos. Fuelled by a couple of pre-show tequila shots, I was on my feet throughout most of the concert.

xx

 
 







Dress - Zara via Winners
Tee-shirt -  H&M
Shoes - Guess via Winners
Clutch - Coach
Belt - ? (Australia)
Black necklace - ? (Australia)
Layered necklace - Ardene
Rose necklace - Gifted

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know Winners previously carried Zara's pieces- what a great colour this dress is and I love how you made the outfit edgy and sexy with the tee and heels. SO jealous of your legs- they are amazing and no where near as translucent as mine! The most hardcore concert I went to was Alexis on Fire and Billy Talent- the crowd was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy @ silverstyle1 April 2012 at 19:38

    You have to come back and link up this outfit! You are beautiful. Now that's some brights baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kat, i wanna see concert photos! did you take any?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great way to rework your pieces. Layering is a good idea to make this dress work for you. You did a great job. Looks modern and dressy, I like the accessories too. You have got great legs as well! :-)
    mongs
    mythriftycloset,blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect outfit for going to a Van Halen concert! (So jealous, I wish they'd come over this way!) I love how you made this dress work, the shirt over the top of the dress give it such a fun, rock 'n roll vibe, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope it was fun! I love your outfit.

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you hung onto this blue dress all that time - you obviously knew it was going to come in handy some day, and it definitely did here. I can't imagine a more perfect outfit for a van Halen concert! It sounds like you had a wonderful time :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  8. asecondglanceblog16 April 2012 at 20:08

    I just realized I never answered your question - sadly no. B got a video but that's it!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!