Friday, August 23, 2013

Preppy pink and blue

A linen skirt and super-soft chambray shirt felt polished enough for work, but light enough to stand up to warm summer temps. I added my pearl collar necklace and camel ballet flats to keep with the preppy vibe. I wore this outfit again for my father-in-law's birthday dinner. B's hometown is in the country, so people dress pretty casually even in nice restaurants. I didn't want to overdress, but I also wanted to respect the occasion and I felt it struck a good balance between casual and dressy.  

The rolled sleeve style was inspired by an article called 7 Fashion Tips from a J Crew personal stylist. I rolled the sleeves once, then did another half-roll, for a more undone feel. 

xx




Skirt - Banana Republic (last seen here)
Shirt - Thrifted (Ralph Lauren) (last seen here)
Necklace - Winners (also here)
Shoes - Vince Camuto outlet
Earrings - Gift
Clutch - Coach

4 comments:

  1. You always nail it! I love this outfit and the color combo is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful outfit! Love the fun color mix. And sleeve rolling is definitely an art that I have not mastered - yours look fab! :)

    ♡jilly
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the chambray and peach! Great colours together, and love the lightness in the outfit.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!