Monday, December 10, 2012

Trend trial run: Pastels in winter

This month, InStyle talked about wintertime pastels. I read the article, but wasn't convinced. I mean, I love the idea of a head-to-toe outfit in creamy white for a snow bunny look. But Easter colours? Not so much. Over the next couple of days, I thought about it some more and realized it might just work with a few caveats - the use of heavier fabrics, like this suede blazer, and with other, more seasonal, elements mixed in, like browns, blacks and some sparkle. What's your take on winter pastels - yes, conditionally yes, yes but not for me, NEVER? If you've tried this look before, I invite you to leave your link in the comment section below!

xx


 





Skirt - Kenzie via Winners (also here)
Top - Thrifted (also here)
Blazer - Thrifted (Danier Leather)
Bracelets - Le Chateau
Ring - Le Chateau
Shoes - Liz Claiborne via Winners

3 comments:

  1. Tracy (theclosetshopper)10 December 2012 at 16:58

    I think this totally works for winter pastel. And it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kat, i like the whole outfit! the details on that jacket are superb. i like the easter color pastels. when i wear an outfit, i will leave a link. who knows when that will be? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think pastels can work in the winter, i think the weight of the fabric makes a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!