Saturday, December 08, 2012

Casually layered LBD with a muted fall palette

These photos date back a couple of weeks. After creating an insta-hem extension for this long-sleeved black minidress so I could wear it to work (here), I wanted to try adding some funky layers for a weekend look. I started with a black bat-wing sleeve top, and added other layers in a muted fall palette of cognac, burgundy and olive. The final result was a bit 'meh' to me, but it got me out of my comfort zone. I'm thinking that maybe coloured tights work better with looser skirts? Thoughts?

xx


 







Dress - unknown (store in Slovakia) (also here)
Black top - Winners (also here)
Jacket - New Look via thrift store (also here)
Belt - Salena's Collection via clothes swap  (most recently here)
Tights - American Apparel
 Boots - Sirens
Bag - Danier Leather
Necklace - Thrifted (Jones New York)
Earrings - Thrifted 

3 comments:

  1. Tammy @ Silverstyle8 December 2012 at 10:01

    I love the wooded setting! Maybe you are right about the loser skirt. I think with your great shape they look great! Oh, please like me on face book so i can go to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colored tights look for fall and this belt layered over sweater is fabulous :)


    http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. kat, you look great, and yes, you always do! i wear my colored tights with short skirts, and long skirts, but then again i'm a tight ho.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!