Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A bang-up job

This post is a) more of an exercise in vanity than usual; b) a thinly-veiled attempt to reclaim the glitz and glitter of the holidays with pictures taken weeks ago; or c) all of the above. I'm calling in a favour - just indulge me and let me show off my new...BANGS!

I took a leap of faith with my hairdresser because I wasn't sure bangs would work with my fine hair or my weird cowlick but I'm glad I did. I LOVE them. I find they change the whole look of an outfit and I can pin them back or style them to the side when I want to mix things up. 

Tell me - are YOU planning any changes for 2012?

I accessorized my bangs with this outfit for a holiday party in B's hometown. I layered different textures - a velvet blazer, shiny leggings and a metallic tunic to give the outfit dimension. The tunic was an Australia find - originally $90, patiently lusted after and eventually bought on sale for $15. Bronze is a nice alternative to gold or silver - less showy, and easier to pull off with fair winter skin. 

Check back in for my next post on staying stylish in the cold. N of A Fine Balance and I ventured outside on a gorgeous and sunny but bone-chillingly cold day to take some photos in winter wear.  I haven't had as much time as I hoped for blog-hopping lately but I will be round soon, promise!!

xx











Leggings - Thrifted (Madonna) (also here)
Blazer - H&M (also here)
Tank - ? via Winners
Tunic - Sportsgirl
Shoes - Guess via Winners
Earrings - Zone
Bracelet - Le Chateau

15 comments:

  1. It take a brave soul to change her hairstyle. Kudos to you! And it looks great.

    Very sexy top. You work it, girl!

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It take a brave soul to change her hairstyle. Kudos to you! And it looks great.

    Very sexy top. You work it, girl!

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so good with your hair like that! I love it!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your hair this style-the bangs are incredible (I've been thinking about getting some recently...) Beautiful sequins and those heels are amazing! So glad you're back in the blogosphere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. kat, you are gorgeous! are you thrilled with your new bangs? how about that christmas tree of brilliant light. your shoes, your pants, your blouse say hello, the party is here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you accessorized the bangs with the outfit. That made me giggle. I think the bangs are a hit. Absolutely gorgeous. I think you look sexy and chic.

    Thanks for all your sweet comments recently. "hotall" haha. That was so funny.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bangs on you dear :) Your so lucky you can cut your hair that short, I think it looks great. My hair is curly, so when I cut it that short its just a BIG ball of puff :) I like yours though dear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I'm totally glad you took the plunge because the bangs look AMAZING! I love the way you've accessorized them, too! ;) I really wish I could switch things up with my hair, too - maybe I'll get a bit adventurous one day!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shimmer tank, such a cute outfit. I love your bangs, they suit you. I tried bangs like this the year before last, I couldn't really pull them off...lol. I'm a new follower, hope you can stop by soon and follow if you like.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful!!!! I am following your blog pls visit mine, I hope follow back
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just realized that you're back to blogging! So glad to see ya again.:) And I love the tank!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great with bangs! I just got mine cut before Christmas. I have a funny cowlick I go to war with sometimes but I really like 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a huge fan of bangs, and yours look amazing! Ditto those leggings with the ankle zippers, they are fabulous. Such a perfect holiday look :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your bangs look really sharp, they suit you so well! I'm in the midst of growing my bangs out but I'm very tempted to cut them again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been toying with the idea of getting bangs for SO LONG, I always chicken out though! Love your brave new look, your bangs look fab!

    xoxo,
    annie

    http://vintagediggs.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!