Monday, November 21, 2011

Warming up to fall with a 'borrowed' dog

These photos were taken by my darling friend Michèle, who happily volunteered during a poker night at a friend's place recently. Since we were staying in, I chose to wear cozy separates - a faux fur-lined puffy down vest, a cashmere-blend bell-sleeved tunic sweater (bought on mega-sale last Boxing Day), liquid leggings and faux-shearling booties. Because my outfit already had a lot of different textures, I stuck to a more neutral colour palette - right down to my new taupe nail polish. The dog in the last two photos had the most gentle temperament; I couldn't resist getting a few shots with her.

So Brad finally revealed my birthday surprise this weekend, which was a getaway to my old university town. We stayed in a cute hotel room with a fireplace, window-shopped along the picturesque main street, and went for a long walk in a conservation area I didn't know existed (I saw my first beaver in nature!). There was a second surprise when a couple we're good friends with drove in from yet another city to join us for a fantastic dinner at a lakeside restaurant followed by drinks. Brad put a lot of thought and effort into the weekend and I was absolutely thrilled. Love you sweetie!
xx









 

Top - Jacob
Pants - Thifted (Madonna)
Vest - Consigned (Mexx)
Bag - Danier Leather
Shoes - Sirens (also here)
Necklace - Gifted (also here)
Silver ring - Winners
Black ring - Le Chateau

For this post, I'm linking up with Silverstyle's Trending Through the Decades - Tunic Edition

22 comments:

  1. You are rockin this look! You look like you are ready to sip hot cocoa by the fireside in the ski lodge. Love it! The puppy is adorable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those adorable booties are from Sirens? Wow I need to make a trip there pronto! Sounds like such a nice birthday mini vacay-very thoughful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that dog is soooo cute :) love your look, great post!
    ♥ romi
    rohafashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boots are too, too fun! Aww and glad to hear you had a lovely birthday - good food and good friends are a winning formula for good birthdays.

    Have a lovely week!

    xoxo,
    Chic 'n Cheap Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute pup!!!
    Glad you had a great weekend! And loving all the different textures going on in your outfit :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your boots! and haha ya the dress I got in the picture is from Dynmite, I think it was last winter that I got it! it's been so long lol. I've seen it in skirt form but I like the dress more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pants are absolutely fantastic. I could definitely go for my own pair of these. The shoes are pretty fierce, too.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the outfit, especially the leggings! And awww what a lovely birthday surprise :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your (borrowed) pooch is adorable. I don't know why, but whenever I see an animal I'm a melted pile o' goo.

    I love your liquid leggings (I've been wanting a similar pair myself) and how you paired them with the puffer jacket. You make this outfit look easy, cozy, and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cozy, fun look for poker night. Those boots are exactly what I've been looking for, love them with the leggings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a comfy and cute winter look!

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That does look like a really comfortable look while still being chic, it looks great! Cute dog too :) -Rachel (Distinct.Style.Innovation)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great outfit. Love the boots. Great husband, great bday. That borrowed dog is just about the cutest thing ever.

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for borrowed dogs, heehe! I absolutely love those boots! Perfect.

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing surprise - it sounds like so much fun and happy birthday :) I love your outfit here but I especially love those AMAZING boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. kat you look freakin rocker hot! your brad sounds very sweet & romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. very stylish (and cozy looking) outfit for walking your borrowed dog! A trip to your old uni stomping grounds is a nice surprise, sounds like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would so wear this. I don't do leggings to much in public anymore, but love the look! thanks for linking up to Trending. I saw your post a few days before you linked and thought it's perfect. So thank you!
    I'll be doing a new link up in the next day or so! How do you feel about fur? Faux real?

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love your shoes!!! so pretty... we don't usually wear these kind of boots in the Philippines since it's always warm here...


    www.niqueinit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!