Saturday, November 05, 2011

Best form of flattery inspiration challenge

For this post, I'm linking up with Something Old Meets Something New for the second edition of her Best Form of Flattery challenge. Every Sunday, she provides an inspiration photo from which we create our own look. I suggested using another blogger's outfit as the basis for the inspiration photo, and to my delight, she agreed! This week's layered look comes courtesy of Atlantic Pacific. You can see her outfit, and my recreation, side-by-side below. This challenge was fun and it helped me visualize an outfit  I doubt I would have put together otherwise, even when I was racking my brain during my military vest 8-way remix. It did take a couple of tries. I swapped in and out a denim button-down and tried on my shiny black brogues before settling on my blue-grey suede boots. The final result is something I could definitely see myself wearing again...in the spring.
xx






{I tied the belt from my dress around the hat.}

Dress - Forever 21 (also here)
Top - Thrifted (Zara) (also here)
Vest - Calvin Klein via Winners (also here and here)
Boots - Le Chateau (also here)
Hat - Thrifted (also here and here)
Earrings - Le Chateau
Ring - Coach
Watch - from my Dad's closet
Bracelets - Aakriti Designs, Claire's and gifted

I'm linking up with Spunky Chateau's Thursdays are for Thrifters Link Party and Silverstyle's Trending Through the Decades - Accessories version.

19 comments:

  1. Wow, Kat this rendition is amazing! You blew me away with this one!!! This outfit would be perfect for the Spring - I love the cargo vest and the length of the floral top layered underneath is just perfect! Also - that hat - and you tied the dress' belt around it? So crafty and it looks so good, I really love this one!
    And, yes, thanks for your suggestion :) most of my inspiration comes from other bloggers so I thought your idea was great! If I don't see you in next week's link-up, I hope to see you in some of the other future ones :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute little outfit, i really like the hat, it's the perfect touch :) Sadly I can't see the AP inspiration photo, it shows up as an x for me. Winners & Le Chateau, you sound like a fellow Canadian!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable look! Love the print and the layering!

    xo,Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been blogging for less than a year and truly believe that we are the new fashion magazine! Old, young or in between we are what women wear!
    Thanks for stopping by......You are so cute! I am now a follower. BTW my little lady friend just gave me a hand woven poncho that she has had for 30 years. I think it deserves it's own post next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you did a fabulous job! This look is even better than the inspiration in our opinion. Tying your belt from your dress around the hat what a great idea. We are remixing our green vest tomorrow, we linked to your blog when you did the vest remix. It was such great inspiration! Heather & Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I think you nailed it well. This challenge seems like the two birds boutique one. I have done a few its just finding the time really!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home
    The Penthouse Clan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kat, you look amazing! This is one of my favorite looks of yours. You look so sassy and cute and you definitely nailed it! so cute! I love it!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look and what everyone did with it. But I'm really digging your interpretation with those slamm'n boots. Super sexy!

    xoxo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layered look! The dress is gorgeous as well, reminds me very much of DVF :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the belt on the hat, and those boots!! Lovely lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit :) Nicely reworked from your inspiration! I am in desparate need of cleaning out my closet so that I can SEE what I own to be inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what an awesome interpretation of her outfit! I can definitely see the influence, but I love how you made it your own too The belt tied around the hat is brilliant and turned out so cute!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving your hat you look cute!

    http://www.ohmydior.org/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This outfit is super flattering on you. I really like the hat, and those boots are gorgeous.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look phenomenal Kat- I just love the fedora and that vest is so versatile! This is such a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this look! The long vest is great! Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. your version of the atlantic pacific outfit is splendid!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!