Monday, October 10, 2011

Guest post: The Closet Shopper's sheer floral blouse remix

Kat: Tracy's enthusiasm for this remix series was infectious. I'd asked my guest posters to remix an item a minimum of three ways but like me, Tracy was having fun and just kept going. The results were great and she came up with a impressive range of stylish outfits. Want to see more? Check out her blog, The Closet Shopper. **Psst** Want professional help with your wardrobe? Tracy also runs a fashion consulting business - check out her website here.

Hi you guys! My name is Tracy from The Closet Shopper. I’m so honored to be one of the mice chosen to play while Kat’s away. I adore her and her style, so I’m super excited to share this project of hers with all of you. 

Kat asked me to take one item and remix it three or more ways. At first I thought I could only do three outfits, but when I got started, I was surprised to find many more options. This was a great exercise in remixing for me. I mean, my business is named The Closet Shopper for a reason. My philosophy is based on shopping in your own closet to find lots of different ways to wear your current wardrobe. So, thank you, Kat, for this opportunity. I hope you’re having a wonderful vacation. 

I’ve had many clients tell me about purchasing what they thought was a great piece, only to get it home and figure out it didn’t go with anything in their closet. My response is, if you are about to buy something, visualize your current wardrobe, and if you can’t think of three different ways to wear it, don’t buy it. 

For my remix, I chose this sheer floral blouse from the Gap. 



I put together seven different outfits. I could have kept going. It was so much fun. I have a couple fancy options as well as casual, business and bohemian. Can you guys think of some other ways to wear this blouse? 

Here’s a rundown of all the items I’m wearing with the sheer blouse from Gap. 

1. Skirt and fishnets: Express, Shoes: Pierre Hardy for Gap, Clutch: Lorelei




2. Pants: J Crew, Vest: Banana Republic, Faux fur scarf: Urban Outfitters, Bag: Aldo, Shoes: Nine West, Belt: Express, Sunglasses: Elizabeth and James.





3. Jeans: Rich and Skinny, Tank: J Crew, Shoes: Dani Black, Bag: Gap, Hat: Urban Outfitters, Sunglasses: Rayban.




4. Pants: Express, Sweater: Asos, Hat: Gap, Necklace: Nordstrom, Clutch: American Apparel. 





5. Pants: Gap, Blazer: Theory, Shoes: Madison Harding, Clutch: LuLu’s, Sunglasses: Elizabeth and James.



6. Maxi dress: Asos, Hat: Urban Outfitters, Bag: Banana Republic, Sunglasses: Proenza Schouler.


 7. Leather jacket: Zara, Jeans: Gap, Boots: Apepazza, Sunglasses Proenza Schouler. 






7 comments:

  1. Kat, This was one of the best times I've had in awhile. I really loved the challenge.

    Thank you for asking me to participate. I'm so honored.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, delightful! Creative choices that work nicely. Great combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stunned. You chose a great fashionista to be a part of these posts. Tracy is my style idol. For realz. These outfits are all great and all so different. My version of remixing tends to entail wearing the same shirt with a different pair of pants or a skirt. Tracy inspires me to step it up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason our comment got ate! Anyways, Tracy, you really nailed this remix down. This is fantastic! Love those red pants and your rocker chick look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE all these options! Tracy is just GREAT at different styles!
    ♥ laura

    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracy you know how to rock a remix! I am especially loving the look with fur and pink pants- I would never think to put this combo together.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!