Monday, April 21, 2014

Perky blue

Starchy dress shirts are always a classic investment, so I was happy to snap this pinstripe blue and white one up at a thrift store, for about a fifth of the full price. 

Pairing the shirt with a bright cobalt skirt really perked up the colour. I added a necklace in similar hues for a tonal look. You can say I was feeling the blues, but in a good way. 

I wasn't sure what shoes to wear. A deep plum high-heeled oxford would have been fresh and fun but with mostly blacks and browns in my collection I went for a neutral bootie. I liked the rest of the outfit, but I'm not crazy about the footwear choice. What sort of shoes would you have worn?

xx







Shirt - Hudson Room via thrift store
Skirt - DKNY via outlets
Belt - DKNY via outlets
Booties - Old Navy
Necklace - Handmade by my cousin
Ring - Winners

2 comments:

  1. strappy sandals in a mettalic color or a bold shade of orange! Good thrift find, Kat! I love the shape of the cuffs!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!