Monday, November 25, 2013

Maple-Dijon salad dressing


 I first tried some version of this salad dressing about a decade ago, during a potluck dinner at a coworker's cottage. Its flavour is reminiscent of poppyseed dressing, but without the crunch or sweetness overload. I got the recipe and used it for a number of years, before I misplaced it and sort of forgot about the whole thing. 

It popped back into my mind the other day as I was making dinner and wrinkling my nose at our usual go-to, olive oil and balsamic. I thought I'd try to recreate this dressing from memory. I can't even be sure the four ingredients are the same as the original, but it was just as good as I remembered! And insanely easy to whip up, particularly if you use commercial mayonnaise rather than homemade.

xx

To make, vigorously whisk 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1/3 cup maple syrup, 3T cider vinegar and 1T Dijon mustard until smooth. Yup, that's it. It's great on all kinds of salads. This one has dried cranberries, peanuts and pepitas.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh yum. That sounds fantastic! And it looks great too.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!