Thursday, October 18, 2012

Lady in red

My #1 wardrobe rule when attending weddings is to not upstage the bride. So the idea of wearing head-to-toe red initially gave me pause. But this bride is particularly laid-back, and hers was a rustic/woodsy-themed fall wedding held in northern Ontario, where the foliage is an explosion of crimson, sienna and goldenrod. I pretty much blended into the background. And the conservative cut of the dress ensured I wouldn't offend any traditional Catholic sensibilities, though I let loose below the ankle.  

This round of photos is a 2nd attempt. The first round didn't turn out at all despite the best efforts of my friend P (thank you my dear!!) - I didn't adjust the settings properly for the dim lighting and I was rushing to get away from the creepy guy staring at us. Being in my parents' backyard was much more carefree. 

xx 




{If you're wondering what this pose is about, B said the bush looked like a peacock tail.}



Dress - Vintage (Bretton's) (also here and here)
Shoes - Shoe Republic via sample sale (also here)
Jacket - Danier Leather
Necklace - Laura's
Earrings - Walmart
Bracelets - Hand-me-downs

2 comments:

  1. beautiful kat! did you have a nice time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, this jacket! It is completely gorgeous and has just the best fitted cut, not to mention the rich leather looks AMAZING against the flirty red dress. (I love how you play with texture in your outfits.)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!