Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thrifted navy suede blazer - two days, two ways


With its beautiful tailoring and gold-coloured hardware, this genuine suede blazer from Danier was a thrifty steal at $12. At first I wasn't sure about the princess sleeves but I like how they let your shirt cuffs peek out. The armholes are also cut a bit lower than I like but when thrifting, you can't be too choosy. And its hefty fabric has kept me warm on some cold Canadian days!

I thought I’d show two of the ways I’ve worn it. I played it pretty safe on both counts – once with dress pants in the same tone, a neutral silk button-down and a gold belt and once with a lacy salmon tank, skinny jeans and knee-high boots. If you have other ideas, I’d love to hear them!

xx














Blazer - Thrifted (Danier Leather)

Pants - Consigned (BCBG)
 Blouse - Thrifted (Jalouzie)
Belt - Thrifted
Shoes - Old Navy
Watch - Kenneth Cole
Ring - Le Chateau

Jeans - Guess
Tank - Banana Republic
Boots - Geox
 Necklace - Thrifted (Jones New York) 
 Watch - Kenneth Cole
 Ring - Le Chateau

6 comments:

  1. oh kat you dressed up and casual! the first look reminds me of a female tuxedo suit, very on trend. the second look is perfect for the weekend. :) have you tried wearing it with a pencil skirt? or a denim skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blazer, I love the button detailing and the sleeves are a great length! Like Teddi, I'm also thinking a skirt, maybe a flouncy floral skirt that flares out at the knees (because the jacket is fitted it could be a nice combo).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie of Ak Weredork21 September 2012 at 13:49

    Wow, this blazer was a steal for $12, suede is always so nice! This blazer has such a great shape to it, I like the longer style of it with the gold buttons, it's very sexy menswear-ish. LOVE it with the pink lace tank, the lace really sets of the menswear look and shows off the suede.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have major blazer envy! I can't believe you thrifted this - it's a great piece!

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the detailing on this blazer! and I can't believe you scored the blazer for a whopping $12!
    I'm slightly jealous! ; )

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!