Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bento snack box

A couple of months ago, B started a new job where a hectic work pace and long hours make it difficult for him to plan for regular meals. He's also an athlete who trains often and is conscientious about healthy eating. So, after some 'Pinspiration', I decided to surprise him with an on-the-go bento snack box. The idea of repurposing a storage box with customizable compartments from a hardware store totally appealed to my sense of organization (yes, I'm one of THOSE people). Just be glad I didn't coordinate by colour... though the idea crossed my mind. This would also be great for road trips, though in my own version I'd be sneaking in some jellybeans or gummi bears.

xx 



Back row: teriyaki beef jerky, cashews, pecans, dried apricots
Third row: Sunflower seeds, unsweetened coconut, dried prunes, almond slivers, raisins, dried cherries
Second row: BBQ flavoured rice crackers
Front row: Madeira fruit and nut mix, granola bar, Singaporean snack mix

6 comments:

  1. super cute!love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a really good idea! kat, did B like it? my guy has been very conscientious about taking care of his body, & trying to eat well too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy wow. This makes me hungry. I'm a snacker. Why didn't I think of this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, looks yummy.....http://aprettylife13.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I love it! and its perfect for traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie of Ak Weredork9 October 2012 at 02:30

    Oh my goodness, I love this idea! My aunt actually use to do something like this for Christmas gifts where she'd put candies and cookies in compartment boxes like this. (they were always such fun boxes to open!) I'll have to give this a try, Evan takes his dinner to work as well and this would be a really fun way to try something different. :)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!