Friday, March 20, 2015

A Canadian's guide to jackets: the peacoat

This is the sixth post in my 'A Canadian's guide to jacket' series. 

xx

THE FORECAST: Mildly cold. 0°C

THE OCCASION: Walking over to meet the in-laws at a nearby restaurant

THE JACKET: mid-thigh length wool peacoat

Preppy and polished, peacoats seem to go hand-in-hand with the east coast, collegiates and autumn weather. It may have been displaced by the cocoon coat this year, but the peacoat is still an iconic addition to any wardrobe. This coat fits easily over a suit, and I think of it as a shoulder season counterpart to the wrap coat.

Peacoats can be found everywhere and are often discounted at the end of the season. I look for wool fabric, interior lining and fun details or colours, but this isn't the type of jacket I'm too fussy about. In fact, this one's a hand-me-down from a friend. If you already own one and it's feeling a little blah, try replacing the buttons, sewing on some trim, or adding a lapel pin. 





Jacket - Zara, hand-me-down
Headband - Handmade by a friend
Scarf - Winners
Gloves - Winners
Jeans - Forever 21
Boots - Ecco via Winners

No comments:

Post a Comment

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!