Saturday, September 05, 2015

Birthday gifts in round boxes

I celebrated my birthday recently, and my hubby surprised me with a felt wide-brim fedora I'd been fawning over for weeks. It was outrageously expensive and I told him I'd kill him if he bought it. BUT he knows how frustrating it is for me to find hats that fit, and that's how I came to unwrap a round silver box from Nordstrom amid shrieks of excitement. After all, he said, aren't birthdays gifts meant to be the kinds of things you'd never buy for yourself? Some girls lust over Chanel handbags and Louboutin shoes. I lust over Rag and Bone hats with a size small tag. With its all-season slate blue colour, I know I'll get a lot of wear out of this hat in spring and autumn alike. However, I couldn't resist taking it out for a spin with a pair of summer print shorts, before the cooler weather sets in.

xx










Shorts - Vero Moda
Tank - 9/15 via Saks Off Fifth
Jacket - Saks Off Fifth
Hat - Rag & Bone
Shoes - Aldo
Necklace - Ardene

5 comments:

  1. your husband is SOOOO right! Birthdays are for spoiling! I'm glad he got you that hat because it looks AWESOME on you. That color is ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute and you look great in hats! Happy Belated Birthday and so sweet of your hubby to spoil you:-)
    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the content of this blog and the positive you have. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!