Monday, July 15, 2013

Mint tea lemonade

We had a lot of lemons left over after entertaining recently, and our mint plant is growing quickly so I thought I'd make a refreshing summer lemonade using the two. We drank it straight, but the lemonade would also be a great base for a punch or cocktail. This recipe is my own. 

To make, squeeze the juice of 5 lemons, which should yield about 1 cup. In a small saucepan, bring 4 cups of water and 2-1/2 cups of sugar to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Once the water boils, drop in a bag of mint herbal tea and remove from heat. Infuse for 5-10 minutes, then discard teabag. Once cool, add lemon juice and chill in refrigerator. 

Serve with muddled fresh mint.

Note: I adjusted the recipe after the lemonade turned out too tart. You may need to play around with the ratios of lemon to water to sugar to suit your tastes.





2 comments:

  1. Woman, I have been wanting mint lemonade in AGES. Or mint limeade! :) mmmm. I wish I had fresh mint growing outside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kat, it looks and sounds oh sooo good! perfect for summer, or anytime.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!