Sunday, March 25, 2012

Full of hot air

Cold-climate dwellers are a crafty bunch. When out walking, we plan our routes to pass through as many heated buildings as possible. We walk OVER vents, to enjoy the brief blast of hot air. You might think I picked this wall for its cool colour and texture. But, you would be only half-right. See that white pipe in the fourth picture? Yes, that's a laundry vent. Joy!

A rainbow beaded clutch I received at Christmas makes its blog debut here. I fell in love with it at a consignment store with my mom, but she talked me out of buying it, then returned to buy it as a surprise! <3 Another surprise was the label, which I hadn't checked in store. It's a Bob Mackie! My Mom paid $30; here it is on Ebay for US$150. If ever I run into Cher, it's nice to know I'll have a conversation starter. The knotted sweater was inspired by Natasha over at Tasha Delrae.

xx


 









Shirt - Thrifted (BCBG) (also here)
Sweater - Thrifted (Carolyn Taylor) (also here and here)
Skirt - Le Chateau (also here)
Tights - Winners
Shoes - Thrifted (Aerosoles)
Necklace - Thrifted
Watch - from my Dad's closet
Ring - Le Chateau
Clutch - Consigned (Bob Mackie)
Sunglasses - Joe Fresh

12 comments:

  1. Herlatenightcravings26 March 2012 at 09:24

    Such a cute clutch! That was a deal!!

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The knotted sweater is awesome! I may have to try this :)

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com
    Vintage Collar Necklace Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. mythriftycloset26 March 2012 at 12:13

    nice preppy chic look, I like the cute little knot. The necklace and clutch looks fabulous.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you tied the sweater over that blouse - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice necklace & shoe details! i can see it's the mackie colors. the same colors & design as the perfume. when you do run into cher, i hope she's wearing something fabulous. ;) i saw her in concert in vegas in 2009. it was a great show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat you look so cool- I love the sunglasses, the knotted sweater, the shoes, the beaded clutch...I love it all! Haha love the backdrop of the photo and oh yes laundry vents are a blessing in disguise on those cold Ottawa days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I love the layered tops...and of course the knot!

    Natasha ~ TashaDelrae.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, laundry vents. ^_^
    Love this, those tights are so fun! (And you are brave, sheer tights are cold!) And WOW! What a score on the clutch, things like that really make it worth it to go to thrift and consigment stores.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww, your necklace and that clutch are both so pretty! :)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway: Win any item $30 or less
    Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

    ReplyDelete
  10. That green is gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your bob mackie clutch!
    Reminds me of one I had when I was kid...because my dad owns perfume stores he used to get some pretty cool things...

    ReplyDelete
  12. asecondglanceblog31 March 2012 at 08:55

    I just googled the perfume and you're right! (though I'd rather have the bag than the perfume heehee). She must put on a fantastic show!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!