Thursday, April 02, 2015

A Canadian's guide to jackets: the trenchcoat

This is the tenth post in my 'A Canadian's guide to jacket' series. 

xx

THE FORECAST: Chance of rain throughout the day. 15°C

THE OCCASION: Singin' in the rain

THE JACKET: Banana Republic belted trench coat

It's a good thing Ottawa's sidewalks aren't too densely packed. I'm that a**hole cheerfully staying dry under an umbrella big enough that I could probably turn it upside down and use it to float across the Atlantic. 

I love any opportunity to wear a trench coat. It's a style that's universally flattering and something you can have fun with. I got this one in a classic cut but a burgundy colour that can transition from spring to fall. I disregarded the 'dry clean only' instructions on the label and threw it in a delicate cycle. Because, whatever. I assume stores label everything, even cotton, dry clean only as an insurance policy. To my horror, the colour faded noticeably and it shrank about several inches in length. Gah!! Lesson learned: check the label before you buy, and factor in your potential dry cleaning bills!







Trench - Banana Republic
Jeans - Forever 21
Boots - Kamik

1 comment:

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!