Sunday, February 15, 2015

Upgraded store-bought soup: Mexican-flavoured sweet pepper and tomato

I'm a brown-bag lunch kind of gal. It's cheap and healthy, and makes those occasional take-out/restaurant days all the more exciting. However, it can be time-consuming, so I'm always looking for ways to make life easier. 

In previous posts, I've written about how to build on store-bought basics with a few extra ingredients, like a can of tuna turned into a Mediterranean-flavoured tuna salad or a package of instant oatmeal given a lift with fruit, spice and nuts. Soups are another good candidate to become a filling main, with some of the legwork already done for you.

Here, I started with Campbell's fire-roasted sweet pepper and tomato soup from the Gardennay line. My extras: cubed ham, finely shredded aged cheddar, cilantro and crumbled chipotle-flavoured tostadas. Pack the tostadas and herbs separately and add them just before serving. If you have any other ideas, I'd love to see about them in the comments section!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!