Thursday, May 01, 2014

A new take on a familiar silhouette

There's no doubt that skinny bottoms, tall boots, and a longer top peeking out from under a blazer is an effortless, go-to silhouette for me. This spring I invested in two items I've been lusting after for some time - a pair of faux leather leggings to replace a thrift store pair that no longer held their shape (a splurge) and a pair of marked-down leather combat boots, a steal at $50 (similar pair here). I can't pull off anything too clunky so these were a great find. 

The leggings and boots helped me take my usual hum-drum outfit in a new, edgier direction. It was perfect for a Saturday night dinner out. Do you have a go-to silhouette? How do you change things up?

xx







xx

Blazer - Banana Republic
Blank tank - Winners
Taupe tank - Dynamite
Leggings - Wilfred via Aritzia
Boots - Aldo
Bag - Danier Leather
Necklace - Claire's
Earrings - Zellers

2 comments:

  1. Kat, you should wear silhouettes like this all the time. This looks so good on you. I love the leggings, the edginess and the look is very figure flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful investments!!! I loooooove those leggings and wish my legs were longer and slimmer so I can pull this silhouette too!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!