Monday, December 09, 2013

Why mess with a good thing?

I liked how this pants-and-booties combination worked before (here), so why mess with a good thing? I swapped out the top half for a oversized top with subtle sequins and a velvet blazer. Right here, this is my happy zone: slim pants, loose-fitting top, heels and a blazer.

Nini was out of the office the day I wore this. However, after trying to keep my flat ironed hair straight and relatively hat head-free on my snowy walk to work, I was determined not to let a lack of a photographer stand between me and a set of photos. I surreptitiously took a couple of selfies in a full-length mirror near one of our boardrooms. Then I ducked into a single-person bathroom, and (I'm typing this and feeling rather sheepish), cleaned the counter, sat on it for a few more selfies, cleaned it again - I ignoring the person knocking on the door - then sauntered out. I took a few more at home for good measure.

What lengths have you gone to for your blog?

xx














Pants - Calvin Klein via outlet (also here)
Blazer - H&M
Top - Tristan via thrift store
Shoes - Guess via thrift store
Earrings - Ardene

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the things we do for outfit photos. Honestly, I've been there myself and I admire your determination. A girl has to do what a girl has to do, especially on a good hair day. And as for combinations that work, I agree - why mess with a good thing? Although I find it hard to imagine there's anything those booties don't look fabulous with.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. kat, you managed to capture the texture in your blouse and pants with your phone photos, well done! i adore the shoes and detail of the barrette. your look says feminine style with elegance and grace. i know i've done things others may think of as odd, for photos, but those that may think,that don't understand, then do they? go you!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!