Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Visions of sugarplums

My parents still like to occasionally bring us little souvenirs when they go on vacation. They went on a hiking trip to the Alps to celebrate my mom's retirement a few months ago, and stopped in Milan for a couple of days. They bought me back this really pretty tank/long cardigan/shawl combo with intricate embroidery in a pretty faded plum hue. I took off the shawl for a couple of photos to better show the detailing.

It goes equally well with jeans and boots for visits with friends on the weekend, or wool trousers and low pumps for work. I love any clothes that do double duty.

xx




{These were also taken with my 'makeup trial' face}






Top - ? (Milan)
Pants - Theory via outlets
Shoes - Naturalizer via thrift store
Earrings - Gift
Bracelet - Hand-me-down

3 comments:

  1. The shawl's cut and color are beautiful! And I love your makeup trial face! My parents only being me back food when they go on trips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding make-up looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when people bring back souvenirs, especially kitschy, touristy ones! your shawl is very pretty, and very you - your parents did a great job of picking out a present for you :) Also the make trial looks good, I`m assuming you meant you were experimenting with a look you don`t usually wear!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!