Friday, May 17, 2013

Two-bean and avocado salad

I saw a gorgeous picture on Pinterest the other day of the most lush, perfect avocado stuffed with bacon, cheddar and onion. Stuffed avocado presentation? Why didn't I think of that? I set about making my own version with whatever I had on hand. I was overzealous in my 'stuffing', which ended up dwarfing my slightly overripe and fragile little avocados. Instead, I heaped the stuffing onto a plate and draped avocado slices on top. I was really pleased for this dish turned out. Not only it is wholesome and flavourful, it can be made in under 20 minutes.

To make, finely dice 1/2 sweet onion and two mini zucchinis. Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a small pan, then add onion and zucchini. While they started to cook, I chopped up four Veggie Products' Mediterranean Chickpea Patties from Costco and added them to the pan.  Once the mixture has browned a little, transfer to a mixing bowl. Add 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, 1 can drained and rinsed black beans, a handful of chopped cilantro, 4T salsa (or to taste) and the juice of one lime. 

Top with avocado slices and Crispy Onion (another Costco-sourced product). 






4 comments:

  1. your cooking continually impresses me! for real

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly what i've been looking and craving for since it got to the mid 80s a few days ago. I can't bear to be in the kitchen longer than I have to be, and you just need to sautee stuff a bit, not slave over a stove! brilliant! Now to go get some supplies!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious! ^^

    http://alovelystyle.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks gorgeous and delicious. I will try it!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!