Friday, May 10, 2013

Silvery wedding guest wear

Wow, how is it already the second week of May?? I've been working on some concurrent projects at work which has meant long hours at the office (I'll spare the details but just, UGH!!). Luckily the sneak peek of summer in Ottawa has more than made up for it. Without a doubt, my best pick-me-up is soaking up the warm late day sunshine with a run along the canal and seeing the pops of colour of tulip beds in full bloom. I haven't even given much thought to a second glance, though I have missed seeing all YOUR blogs. I'll be coming around soon to catch up on what I've missed! 

Last Saturday we attended the wedding of our friends P&L on a maple syrup farm in rural Edwards, Ontario. (Am I the only one who feels that come the warmer months I just rotate between work clothes, workout wear, PJs and dressy wedding outfits?) The bride made her entrance in a horse and carriage - awesome! B looked super handsome in his groomsman suit (I had to include a photo below!). I wore a dress I bought at Laura on mega sale last year (75% off!) but haven't had a chance to wear yet.

Today's a big day - it's B's 30th birthday and our 'minus-one year' wedding anniversary! For his birthday I'm revealing the destination of a surprise trip I've planned for us in June. Wishing you all an equally celebratory weekend!

xx














Dress - Laura
Shoes - Le Chateau
Earrings - Le Chateau
Clutch - from my grandmother's closet
Hair clips - Claire's
Bracelet - Hand-me-down 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful outfit Kat! If this is just something you wear to someone's wedding, you are going to be one GORGEOUS BRIDE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress!! It fits you so perfectly. And hasn't this weather been perfect? Well, up until today that is..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, I love that dress! Looks so good on you. Very figure flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I please borrow your bod for a few days please? Smokin! I love the pale grey on you and B looks so handsome. Hope you had a lovely bday celebration for B and am intrigued as to the surprise destination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gorgeous you, these photos, this outfit! i don't envy your wedding planning at all, but i know you can do it, and do it well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is so pretty! And I love how you did your hair :)

    http://findingmyinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long hours at the office - yuck! I do not miss those!!! The wedding sounds romantic, your dress is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, beautiful dress, Kat! I love the color and the gorgeous ruffles. Also, your hair is super pretty! I am glad that I'm not the only one who isn't blogging regularly. Though you're loving the heat more than I am ;)

    Also, happy minus one year anniversary! :)
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!