Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Floral midi and chambray shirt

This outfit is a preppier variation of one of my 10 favourite blog looks. Instead of a striped tee, I wore a chambray shirt, and rather than matching my shoes to my top, I matched them to my belt. 

 I'm in the early stages of growing out my bangs so bear with me over the next few months. I decided to keep the ombre through the summer but I'll go back to my usual highlights come fall.  

Wishing those who got to celebrate it a happy Victoria's Day weekend! Our plans involved a get-together with friends in B's hometown. We were delayed by a car misadventure: we ran over a raccoon that darted across the road, which broke our radiator. We had to tow the car 50 km back to my parents' place, the closest spot. My brother is an excellent self-taught hobby mechanic and he graciously offered to fix it for us. It's still a couple hundred dollars we didn't expect to spend, but between my brother and my mom - who lent us her car for a day - it could have been much worse. And, better damage to the car than to us. A deer or moose would have been far worse! Still, I can't help but wonder if it's karmic retribution for us hitting a bear last summer with virtually no damage to the vehicle. As our friend said, we're not in the good graces of the animal kingdom! I was very grateful when we finally made it to our friends' place and started to relax with wine around a campfire.

The rest of the weekend was spent getting our balcony ready for summer and starting to design our wedding invitations. 

xx






Skirt - Thrifted (Joseph A.)(also here and here)
Top - Thrifted (Ralph Lauren) (also here and here)
Belt - Swapped (Brooks Brothers)
Shoes - Shoe Republic via sample sale
Earrings - Laura

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, a raccoon? That's crazy! At least you are okay :)

    I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit. It's perfection! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it to your destination safe and sound after another animal misadventure... the highway can be a dangerous place for so many reasons :( And I'm absolutely loving this look, the long floral skirt and classic buttondown are a beautiful pairing!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh that's too bad about your car! But at least you were able to bring it to a safe place. I love the look though, that skirt is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this look. its preppy but at the same time so feminine. This skirt hugs you in all the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kat, you look lovely in your preppy version of your fave look. i am drooling over those shoes. they look so perfect with the belt too. :) oh my crazy animal stories! life can be wild, and full of unexpected things. glad you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the best thrifted skirt, the colours in it are fab and I love how you matched the red accents. I love ombre, kind of want to go back to my (unintentional) ombre (aka being too lazy to touch up my roots!) Aww poor raccoon (and poor radiator!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am LOVING it. I thought you wore an obi over the skirt, but the waist band is super pretty! I also really love your darling shoes. And holy moly-- running over animals is awful awful :( I'm glad you're safe though! When I was in grad school, I had to drive 100 miles to and from school everyday. I've had my share of roadkill, and it's always so unfortunate :(
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just jacked off to these pics

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!