Thursday, August 01, 2013

Snakeskin and a perfect blazer

The weather for 90% of the days of this summer can be summed up as: hot, sticky, and windy with threatening thunderstorms.  This week we're enjoying a reprieve (Blue skies! Cool nights!). You can tell these photos were taken last week by the second photo, where my blazer looks like it's about to take off on a stiff breeze! Thankfully, it didn't, because I've been on a hunt for a 'perfect black blazer' for as long as I can remember. 

I was looking for something tailored but comfortable, in a true black hue, that could be dressed up or down. This one from Banana Republic fit the bill; unfortunately, the photos don't do it justice. I was drawn to the lapel-free neckline - it's less reminiscent of a suit jacket. Plus, the stretchy fabric is great for travel. A couple of weeks later, I spotted a cream version at the outlets near Boston and promptly snatched it up. The price was right too - $80 with a 50% off friends and family discount for the black one, and $100 for the cream one.

Do you have a perfect blazer? Where did you find it? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!

xx










Pants - Calvin Klein outlet
Blazer - Banana Republic
Blouse - Old Navy
Shoes - Guess via Winners
Pin - Consigned
Earrings - Gift

4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous blazer and I really do love the neckline. You look fab as always!

    I always have the best luck at New York & Co for blazers. They just fit me really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look Kat! I love blazers and they are a staple in my wardrobe. I love the way you softened the look with the green blouse. That cut is so flattering on you and it is such a versatile blazer that you could even wear it with jeans and a cute pair of shoes. I have a few perfect blazers, most I have found at New York and Company, H&M and old Navy. The fit on all of them is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the neckline of that blazer! What a great unique find. Its going to be so versatile in your wardrobe too! And this weather we've been having? I'm thankful for the cooler nights these days lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for the perfect blazer! kat, those pants are fabulous too, and so is your hair.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!