Monday, July 16, 2012

A punch of citrus with black and white

I'm usually freezing at work, even in the summertime, but this day was hot enough for my short-sleeved polka dot blazer. I wanted a punchy colour to play off the black and white, but didn't want to repeat my fuchsia tee from last year. Instead I reached for a tangerine top with an asymmetrical neckline I got at a clothes swap this winter. I followed advice from my latest issue of InStyle and wore a lipstick in the same colour, but a shade darker (it's actually two colours layered together). 

We capped off our photo session with goofy pictures on a piece of playground equipment that matched my outfit. Staying on while it spun in heels - that was a challenge I couldn't refuse!

xx













Blazer – Limite (also here and here)
Top – Swapped (Costa Blanca)
Skirt – Zara
Shoes – Liz Claiborne via Winners
Ring – Le Chateau
Earrings – Le Chateau?
Watch – from my Dad’s closet

3 comments:

  1. I love the goofy pics- such fun! This citrus orange is beautiful on you and the lip colour is stunning! I love that your watch is from your Dad's closet, mens styles are sexy on ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This top is amazing I love how its so different ...work -wear appropriate but bam! as soon as you take off the blazer you have a cute after work/drinks outfit ready to go : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. these photos are such a blast. you are a balancing queen! you have perfected the work day to night out look, transition. :)

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!