Saturday, March 19, 2016

What I've been wearing lately (2nd trimester)

a.k.a. the arrival of the bump

What they say is true: the second trimester is AWESOME. I've been lucky and had an easy pregnancy so far. Still, it was nice to get a surge of energy after the never-ending fatigue of the first 12 weeks. 

These photos were taken around week 19 (4.5 months 5.5 months), when many of my pre-pregnancy clothes still fit over my growing belly. Some of the best pieces have been my thrift store finds! 

Posting will continue to be erratic but I have a couple of recipes I can't wait to share, and I'll take more outfit photos now that I've really transitioned into maternity wear. So, keep checking back in!

xx

I wore this beloved thrifted skirt often in the early stages of pregnancy, just hiked up a little higher. Nowadays, I wear it partially unzipped with an elastic belly band over top (about $8 from Old Navy's maternity section) and a longer top to cover




Skirt - Joseph Ribkoff, thrifted
Blouse - Adrienne Vittadini via Saks Off Fifth
Blazer - Banana Republic
Earrings - Aldo Accessories
Shoes - Aldo Outlet

I didn't wear this cardigan much pre-pregnancy. I like how it frames my belly in these photos, and gives the whole ensemble a bit of a scholastic vibe. I wore this midi-length skirt hiked up over my belly. While it's got sharp tailoring, the material is basically sweatpants so it's nice and stretchy. 









Skirt - Femme de Carriere
Tee - Banana Republic
Cardigan - Atmosphere, clothes swap
Necklace - Hand-me-down
Shoes - Via Spiga via Saks off Fifth

These high-waisted, faux leather (and very expensive) leggings have been amazing through the first half of my pregnancy. Bonus: you can dress like you're going to a club, throw on a black blazer and no one at the office will say a peep because she's pregnant.

I even took these pants to my tailor to see if she could temporarily turn them into maternity wear. When she answered no, I stored them away and bought a pair of faux suede maternity leggings from H&M. 






Leggings - Wilfred via Aritzia
Black tank - Winners
Sequined tank - Sportsgirl
Blazer - Mexx
Boots - Aquitalia via Century 21

This empire-waist dress with darts accommodated my growing belly well in the beginning. However, it's non-stretch and eventually got too snug. Sidebar: I find myself liking the look of cardigans a lot more. 




Dress - Calvin Klein
Cardigan - Banana Republic, clothes swap
Boots - Aquitalia via Century 21
Necklace - consigned

Elastic-waist trouser-style pants = much-needed breathing room.







Sweater - Winners
Pants - Vero Moda
Shoes - Via Spiga via Saks off Fifth

This stretchy knit wool skirt has a lot of give below the elastic waistband. I can wear it hiked up, so long as I'm wearing a top in a thicker fabric. 



Sweater - Olsen, thrifted
Skirt - Carroll, thrifted
Shoes - Via Spiga via Saks off Fifth
Earrings - Laura
Bracelet - R&W Outlet


This dress is fully lined and clings in all the right places, thanks to rutching down the sides. I wore it for a winter wedding reception, along with nude maternity tights from H&M. 



Dress - Ralph Lauren Outlet
Shoes - Aldo Outlet
Clutch - Bob Mackie, consigned

*Sigh* I look forward to reuniting with these leggings again. 


Leggings - Wilfred via Aritzia
Long-sleeved tee - Guess
Vest - Calvin Klein via Winners
Shoes - Aldo
Scarf - Sirens

These boots were a splurge purchase when I visited a friend in NYC, even at 50% off. But they fit like a glove, keep me toasty warm, are weatherproof (!!) and, so f*#$% comfortable. I can't say enough great things. No wonder the Duchess of Cambridge is a fan of the brand.

I sang the praises of this wrap top in a post from two years ago (here) so I'll save repeating myself.




Leggings - Wilfred via Aritzia
Top - Rebecca Ruby, thrifted
Tank - The Bay
Boots - Aquitalia, Century 21
Necklace - Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!