Sunday, September 28, 2014

Tiptoeing into colour

I love the way a pop of colour can transform an outfit, even in small doses. This post isn't directed at those who love their neutrals and stick to them without fail (you know who you are), but those who want to take a baby step into more colourful territory. I picked black jeans and a white knit V-neck to illustrate. 



Pink shoes and a print scarf.


 Boom. Impact. 


Jeans - Guess via Winners
Top - DKNY outlet
Scarf - Sirens
Shoes - Guess via Winners

You can also go about it the opposite way. Instead of piling colour onto neutrals, pile neutrals onto colour. The lighting in these photos is really really off but believe me when I say the dress is a saturated blue. I toned down the effect with a khaki jacket, sand-coloured wedges and a muted gold necklace. 



Dress - Laura
Jacket - Michael Kors via Winners
Wedges - Clarks
Necklace - Jones New York via thrift store

Same dress, different effect:



2 comments:

  1. I love that blue dress! looks great on you, or rather you look great in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that blue dress is fabulous, love it paired with the bright fushia shoes :) also - can't believe how much the lighting changed the colour of that dress! I keep saying I'm going to wear more colour... yet I keep filling my closet with black, grey, white and beige!

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!