Thursday, January 16, 2014

Dolly Parton dessert squares

Right before Christmas, I convinced myself I hadn't made enough goodies for the little tins I put together for friends and coworkers. I remembered some squares that my Mom used to make when we were young, and thought they would make a nice addition. Problem was, I remembered literally only one ingredient: sweetened condensed milk. My Mom being the miracle worker she is, recognized that I was thinking of Dolly Parton squares. Here's the recipe; don't ask where the name comes from!

xx

To make, combine 1-1/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs with 2/3 cup melted butter or margarine and 1/2 cup brown sugar (add a little more butter if it's not sticking together enough. Mix together and press into a 9" square pan. Sprinkle the base with semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened coconut flakes and pecan pieces. Pour one tin of sweetened condensed milk over the top. Bake at 350F for about 25 minutes. Once cool, cut into squares.

Note: The surface of the squares should be starting to brown when you remove the pan from the oven. The condensed milk may still appear a bit runny, but it will set as the squares cool.

1 comment:

  1. Wowow! This look amazing! Make some for me? This is why the holidays rock. So much great baking.

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!