Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rise and shine

The theme of this post is S-H-I-N-E. G sent me a picture of her Juno awards outfit (the 'funky urban' look I talked about in this post), in which she's wearing a shimmery blazer...scroll down to check it out! And lo and behold, I wore a metallic sheath recently. In my books, two outfits is enough to warrant a theme.

When I got this dress, I was looking for something multi-purpose that could be worn to work, to a winter wedding, or to a holiday party. This metallic sheath - not quite silver, not quite gold, not quite bronze - with its velvet piping, fit the bill. To tone down the shine for work, I added a long beige blazer. I thrifted it on a whim for about $12 even though it's an XS so I can't wear it buttoned up. But I'm glad I did. The length adds sophistication to any outfit, and unlike a jacket, you don't have to coat-check it at formal events and then be cold all night! I swapped the plain buttons for some ornate gold ones.
 

 





Dress - Ellen Tracy via Winners
Shoes - Liz Claiborne via Winners
Blazer - Thrifted (Tristan and America)
Tights - Costco
Necklace - Thrifted (Jones New York)
Watch - Michael Kors
Glasses - Marc O'Polo


In true blogger fashion, G sent me the breakdown of where each piece in her outfit is from, along with this picture. How cute?! I love her blazer (in an on-trend mint colour, to boot), the hem detailing on her skirt, and her cool hairdo. Apparently the show was a blast and they were on their feet all night - which made G glad she opted for sensible flats, with fishnets for a little edge! Thanks for sharing G!!




T-shirt: Joe Fresh ($8)
Blazer: hand-me-down from niece
Skirt: bought in Prince Edward Island 
Necklace: Gifted from Roots 
 Tights: Joe ($8)
Shoes: Globo ($49)
 
For this post, I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy's What I Wore Wednesday 

7 comments:

  1. This look is beautiful on you Kat. Sophisticated and chic. Wear that jacket on your shoulders too...love the dress, perfect fit. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh! i love love love this dress! The cut is SO classy, but the fabric makes it FUN at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kat your dress is lovely. it's fun to see your friend's style too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favourite pieces of yours! Classic and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this dress is beautiful! (Ellen Tracy dress seems like they're always cut perfectly.) I live the pipping on the sleeve, this is just one of the prettiest metallic dresses Ive ever seen. And what a score on your coat, that was so clever to swap the buttons out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. KAT! That dress is freak'n gorgeous. I love it and it fits you so perfectly. OMG. I can't believe you got it for twelve bucks. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfits! and I love your kitty ;)

    www.ashlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I genuinely enjoy reading everyone's comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts!